If you are like me then you barely have time to eat anything proper for breakfast. More often than not, I end up chugging a Breakfast Essentials all while getting kids out of bed, dressed, fed, and while making lunches. I have a very strict morning routine that the kids can now do on auto-pilot in order to get us out the door by 7:15am. One thing that makes the morning a little easier though is having quick, easy to grab morning muffins.
A while back when we had super ripe bananas I looked up recipes I could make with them and ran across banana-zucchini muffins. These taste absolutely amazing!! So, when we had two really gross looking bananas this weekend we decided to make them again as a blog post. My stepdaughter took the lead on this one (she even wanted to take the photos). I have to say I was extremely proud that she made these entirely on her own – they were delicious!
This recipe was adapted from All Recipes.
1 ½ c. Sugar
1 c. Shredded Zucchini
1 c. Applesauce
½ c. Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
3 c. Flour
1 Tbsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Nutmeg
1 tsp. Ginger
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking Soda
½ tsp. Baking Powder
1 c. Mini Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350F. Grease muffin tins (makes about 24 muffins)
2. In a large bowl, mix bananas, sugar, zucchini, applesauce, eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla extract.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a little at a time until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Fill muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes.